The LSMS represents the entire state, all specialties, and a diverse group of demographic and practice settings within the healthcare community.
Our Mission: the LSMS is the trusted advocate for physicians in the state of Louisiana.
Our Vision: to promote excellence in the practice of medicine.
Guiding Principals: the guiding principals of the LSMS represent the 4 critical conditions for success:
- Advocacy: working with local, state and federal elected officials to promote legislation which preserves the rights of physicians to practice medicine, while maintaining high standards of care.
- Education: providing the necessary information to allow members to: meet continuing educational needs; stay ahead of current trends; and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their practices.
- Collaboration: working with members, hospitals, governmental officials and other stakeholders in order to provide the highest quality health care to the people of Louisiana.
- Communication: planning, executing and marketing the LSMS brand messages to attract, create and retain member relationships.
Core Values: our eight core values underscore our work, how we interact with others, and define how we meet our mission.
- Advancement – moving the profession forward
- Exclusive – the only organization to represent all physicians in the state
- Legacy – celebrating our heritage and history
- Trust – we do the right things for our patients
- Pride – sustaining success over the long-term
- Dedication – confirming our dedication to our patients and profession
- Partnerships – solidifying our commitment to integrity, excellence and teamwork
- Voice – we speak as one for the profession
Our logo and our brand
For more information on our Rebrand, click here.