- About LSMS
|"It only takes one" Campaign|
IT ONLY TAKES ONE
Statistics show that peer-to-peer recruiting is the number one way to grow an association but most importantly, the best way to retain members. It starts with the personal relationship between colleagues and extends to the professional relationship within the society. We truly appreciate your membership and are confident you know at least one colleague who is not a member. Please take the time to speak to your colleagues today. Explain to him/her why your membership is important and even direct them to the website for any additional information, www.lsms.org. At this time, the support of all physicians in Louisiana is crucial. This legislative session is packed with an unprecedented number of scope of practice bills. Even though we have a solid reputation as a strong, unified voice with members of the legislature, we must maintain our ongoing efforts and every member counts!
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: This promotion is sponsored by the Louisiana State Medical Society (“LSMS”). The promotion is monthly and begins at 12 a.m. CST, April 1, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST, December 31, 2016. Entries each month must be received between 12 a.m. CST, first day of the month and 11:59 p.m. CST last day of the month. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by recruiting one Active* member. Contestants will receive one entry per recruited member. Applicants must pay state and parish dues, be accepted into membership, and also list referring member name on application. *Active member defined for this contest is one of the following: Active full-time, Active 1st year in practice, Active 2nd year in practice, Military, or Academic
3. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to current LSMS members who are legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of the Louisiana State Medical Society (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Contestants residing in areas where the contest is void by law may participate in the contest but are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Employees of the Louisiana State Medical Society will randomly select one winner from those eligible within the first 3 days of the following month. Winners will be announced in the immediate next edition of the q.w.
5. PRIZES: The Winner will receive a predetermined prize for the corresponding month.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Louisiana State Medical Society is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, the Louisiana State Medical Society may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release the Louisiana State Medical Society from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
8. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to: It only takes one Campaign, Louisiana State Medical Society, 6767 Perkins Road, Suite 100, Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
9. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: The official rules are subject to modification by the LSMS. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by the LSMS are final and binding.