Provide CME for your Physicians!
CME Joint Providership Offered by LSMS ERF
Do you offer education events such as an annual conference or training for physicians, but do not provide CME? The LSMS ERF can help - whether it is a monthly grand rounds, quarterly training, or webinar, maximize the benefit for your physicians and provide CME for the time and money they spend to attend.
As an accredited provider of the Louisiana State Medical Society (LSMS) and the ACCME, the LSMS Educational and Research Foundation supports non- accredited organizations (if they are not ACCME-defined commercial interests) to collaborate in the planning and implementation of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM through Joint Providership. The LSMS ERF is able to offer joint providership outside of Louisiana.
The Louisiana State Medical Society Educational and Research Foundation (LSMS ERF) is accredited by the Louisiana State Medical Society to provide Continuing Medical Education (CME) for physicians.
Submitted activities must align with the LSMS ERF CME Mission Statement and must be designed to improve physician competence, performance, and/or patient outcomes. All potential joint providers must be familiar with the ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support and comply with ACCME, LSMS and LSMS ERF policies.
Organizations wishing to consider jointly providing an activity with the LSMS ERF should carefully review the checklist of required documentation and follow the instructions on this page to submit a program for consideration. If you have any questions please contact Jeff Williams, LSMS EVP & CEO.
• Grand Rounds
• Monthly or specialized training
• Special Events
• Activity Formats include: Online, Live, and Webinars
- Complete application and submit the application and all supporting materials on the activity to the LSMS ERF.
- The application must be submitted 4 months prior to the activity.
- Submit fees as outlined below.
- Checklist - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Joint Providership Agreement - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Joint Providership Promotional Materials - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Disclosures - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- CME Planning Form - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- LSMS ERF/ACCME/AMA Policies and Procedures - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- LSMS ERF Mission Statement - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Commercial Support Info. (ACCME flowchart) - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Continuing Medical Education offerings jointly provided by the LSMS Educational and Research Foundation will be assessed a non-refundable activity administration fee of $500, $100 per credit hour and $25 certificate fee per attendee. Also, all expenses incurred by the LSMS ERF in relation to this offering will be paid by the joint sponsor organization (ex. travel, etc.). These expenses will be outlined prior to signed agreement. A check in the appropriate amount, payable to LSMS Educational and Research Foundation must be submitted upon receipt of invoice.
What is the benefit of offering CME when there is additional cost?
There are many benefits to providing CME to physicians including: increasing attendance, providing ways for physicians to meet state licensure requirements, and offer credibility to your offerings.