Membership in the Louisiana State Medical Society (LSMS) and a local Parish Medical Society offers physicians, as well as physicians-in-training, an opportunity to shape and impact their profession. Our members represent the entire state, all specialties, and a diverse group of demographic and practice settings within the healthcare community. As a member of LSMS, you will participate in the development of guidelines, policies, and bylaws established by the organization. You will be on the forefront of issues that affect the availability of high-quality, affordable healthcare for all citizens of Louisiana.
Advocacy and Influence
• Physician and patient advocacy in Louisiana and Washington, D.C.
• Louisiana Medical Political Action Committee (LAMPAC)
Governmental Relations and Issues Management
• Ensuring and adequate healthcare workforce in Louisiana
• Protecting the trusted patient-physician relationship
• Providing appropriate state funding for physician services.
• Protecting patient safety by ensuring the right professional is providing the right care permitted by his or her education/training.
• Reducing red tape, regulations, and hassle factors
• Protecting and promoting a fair civil justice system.
• Ensuring fair and transparent insurance markets for patients, employers, and physicians.
Member Communication and Engagement
• LSMS Capsules q.w., a weekly member e-newsletter ($250 value)
• The Journal of the Louisiana State Medical Society ($50 value)
• Members-only legislative updates and e-alerts ($400 value)
• Access to an online community with member blogs and private messaging.
• Health news updates on lsms.org
• Provides members an opportunity to serve as media spokesperson for their medical specialty
• Marketing opportunities for members and the public in the Journal and website
Participation/Representation on State-Wide Boards and Commissions
• Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
• Louisiana Patients Compensation Oversight Board
• Physicians Health Foundation of Louisiana
• TeleHealth Task Force
• Medical Disclosure Panel
• Medicaid Administrative Simplification Committee
• Hundreds of other various boards and commissions
Programming and Educational Activities
• LSMS Educational and Research Foundation
- Emerging Physician Leadership Academy, Walk With A Doc, LSMS Online CME
• LSMS Physician Services, Inc.
- Specialty Society management services, Marketing & Web Design services
Click here to join 6,000 of your colleagues in membership. For more information contact LSMS Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-375-9508.